Tuition & Studio Policies
- $148/month – weekly 45 minute lessons, monthly group classes, rehearsals & performances
- $197/month - weekly 1 hour lessons, monthly group classes, rehearsals & performances
- Home Lessons - tuition varies to include travel time and gas.
- Tuition is due at the beginning of the month.
Free Introductory Lessons:
I offer a free 30 minute introductory lesson to children and adults. No home piano is necessary. See if piano lessons are a good fit for your family.
When you arrive for lessons:
Please arrive 5 minutes early to take off shoes, use hand sanitizer and organize your books.
Please plan to make all lessons unless your child is sick. The same policy applies to adult students. I will make up lessons if my schedule allows. Otherwise, consider the group class your make-up lesson. If I miss a lesson, I will always make it up.
Group Piano Classes:
I hold most group piano classes on the third Sunday of the month. YOU'LL FIND EXCEPTIONS IN THE SPRING BECAUSE OF HOLIDAYS AND OTHER EVENTS. Group Piano is extremely important to students' musical growth. The students who improve the most are the ones who attend group piano.
When you sign up for piano, you're committing to practice 5-7 days a week with a weekly lesson. The lesson is like the "big game." You wouldn't sign up for a sport and show up just for the games. It's important to understand the role of practice before beginning lessons. Please click on "practice" at the top of the website to read a complete description.
- Generally, I buy the music and you reimburse me biyearly in June and December.
- Books cost roughly $50/year.
Festivals & Music Artistry Program (Edmonds Music Teachers Association):
Students are offered the opportunity to participate in a variety of EMTA events. Students normally pay $30 per event to cover costs. (The fees are included in the biyearly invoice.) A small percentage of the fee goes to pay for scholarships, teacher workshops and meeting supplies. Most of EMTA’s money comes from yearly teacher fees. EMTA is a non-profit organization.
PLEASE drive 5 mph or slower down the private road leading to our house. Children are playing and they don't watch for cars as diligently as they do on main roads. I’d rather you be late and safe.
No lessons over Thanksgiving, Winter & Spring breaks. Lessons affected by the Thanksgiving holiday will be rescheduled.
Please clip your finger nails the day before the lesson. We need short nails to play the piano properly.
- I encourage students to take lessons during the summer when we are both in town.
- If not weekly, lessons I encourage students to take at least four lessons in July & August.
- Summer lesson fee: $36.25 for a 45 minute lesson