Tuition & Studio Policies
- $145/month – weekly 45 minute lessons, monthly group classes, rehearsals & performances
- $193/month - weekly 1 hour lessons, monthly group classes, rehearsals & performances
- Home Lessons - tuition varies to include travel time and gas.
- Tuition is due at the beginning of the month.
Free Introductory Lessons:
I offer a free 30 minute introductory lesson to children and adults. No home piano is necessary. See if piano lessons are a good fit for your family.
When you arrive for lessons:
Please arrive 5 minutes early to take off shoes, use hand sanitizer and organize your books.
Please plan to make all lessons unless your child is sick. The same policy applies to adult students. I will make up lessons if my schedule allows. Otherwise, consider the group class your make-up lesson. If I miss a lesson, I will always make it up.
I hold most piano classes on the second Sunday of the month. YOU'LL FIND EXCEPTIONS IN THE SPRING BECAUSE OF HOLIDAYS AND OTHER EVENTS. Classes are extremely important to students' musical growth. The students who improve the most are the ones who attend piano class.
- Generally, I buy the music and you reimburse me biyearly in June and December.
- Books cost roughly $40-50/year.
Festivals & Adjudications (Edmonds Music Teachers Association):
Students are offered the opportunity to participate in a variety of EMTA events. Students normally pay $25-$30 per event to cover costs. (The fees are included in the biyearly invoice.) A small percentage of the fee goes to pay for scholarships, teacher workshops and meeting supplies. Most of EMTA’s money comes from yearly teacher fees. EMTA is a non-profit organization.
PLEASE drive 5 mph or slower down the private road leading to our house. Children are playing and they don't watch for cars as diligently as they do on main roads. I’d rather you be late and safe.
No lessons over Thanksgiving, Winter & Spring breaks. Lessons affected by the Thanksgiving holiday will be rescheduled.
Please clip your finger nails the day before the lesson. We need short nails to play the piano properly.
- Students are encouraged to take at least four lessons in July & August.
- Summer lesson fee: $35 for a 45 minute lesson